Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v7.6.6 bug-fix:
- Fix crash issue inserted by adding an enhancement for retaining read only setting state in session.
Notepad++ v7.6.5 new features and bug-fixes:
- Security enhancement: GPG Signature is provided for Notepad++ release.
- Fix a long waiting issue about file auto change detection: enhance “File status Auto-Detection” to avoid switching editing tab off behaviour.
- Fix encoding (language) detection regressions since v7.6.
- Fix a regression: double-clicking on a “find all in current document” result for an unsaved doc prompts to save it.
- Added close all unchanged tabs command.
- Restore deleted “Launch in browser” customized shortcuts in EU-FOSSA bounty program by implementing them in more secure way: Add “View Current File in Browser” for Firefox, Chrome, IE & Edge.
- Retain read only setting state in session.
- Enhancement: after file reload user can still undo.
- Fix a bug in command “Remove Consecutive Duplicate Lines” and make it work with old Macintosh EOL.
- Fix UDL language marker bullet position, if UDL Name exceeds 14 characters, extend UDL names to max 64 characters.
- Enhance external call code to avoid eventual arbitrary commands execution. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix crash issue by command “On Selection->Open File” while the number of selected characters is exceed 2048. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix crash issue of User Define dialog while deleting a unallocated entry. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix crash issue on shortcut command while its length exceed 260. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Add an enhancement on “Open…” command to prevent from the eventual crash. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix stack Buffer Overflow in Command::extractArgs. (EURO-FOSSA)
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Updater (Installer only):
* WinGup (for Notepad++) v5.1